Thursday, November 21, 2013

Some One Trying To Smash My Face In

Someone trying to smash my face in, that's what it seems like sometime. I feel like I have to be on guard at all times. I never know when I will be challenged. Sometimes it is serious sometimes it is not. The tricky thing is that at the times when it seems like something may be a small matter it is actually important. I used to feel that I could go through my days with ease, but I was very naive about how the world works. I would sell off this or that idea or sacrifice something that I believed in for peace's sake not knowing what I was actually surrendering. The fact that I had very little self worth didn't help either. Now though I work very hard to stand up for what I believe in. Am I perfect? No, I still fall on my face just about every week in some manner. I guess that the problem with not being perfect. Now I study and work very hard to decide what I believe is true and right and what I will stand up for. I still have questions but I no longer let them go unanswered.  What good does it to say that I believe in God and follow the teachings of Jesus if I don't admit when I am wrong. What good does it do me to walk and act as if I have no morals. My words are empty and I am a liar. The further I go the more peace I find and with I incur new trials and tribulations I find that they become easier to understand and it becomes easier to make good decisions, but I am still flawed and human. So I get on my knees ask for forgiveness and try to be better than I was yesterday and stand for what is right at all times. Otherwise I risk walking in the desert with no map, not aware of my surroundings, and letting my enemies encircle me as easy prey. For if I pay attention to what I am doing and where I am going then I stay away from trouble and am armed well when it comes time to stand up. I thank you God for having patience with me. Please continue to invest in me for I love you and your son's teachings and wish to become better.

Luke 19: 41 - 44
41And when he drew near and saw the city he wept over it,
42saying, "Would that even today you knew the things that make for peace! But now they are hid from your eyes.
43For the days shall come upon you, when your enemies will cast up a bank about you and surround you, and hem you in on every side,
44and dash you to the ground, you and your children within you, and they will not leave one stone upon another in you; because you did not know the time of your visitation."

No comments:

Post a Comment