Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Are You On the In or Out?

Its really important to make decisions, okay I know that some of you are giggling and laughing right now. Like, duh, yeah we have to make decisions. The thing is I see so many adults going through life not making decisions, or should I say rather they make half decisions. There seems to be a culture now where people don't want to be wrong and if they are wrong they will defend their position to the hilt even if they know they are wrong.

We are human, and have free will and you know what its okay to make mistakes. Having to say that you were wrong or apologize is not a flaw. Its the proper thing to do. I try so hard anymore that when one of my children make a mistake I do not yell or admonish them. I talk about what they did the decisions that they made and why that was wrong, but you do have to make decisions in life.

Making what I call half decisions in life can be very toxic. A half decision is where you may make a decision but you only half way commit to that decision. That way I guess if it is a bad choice you think you can say, "Oh well I really didn't think that was the thing to do but I was just going along".

If you are going to do something then do it. That's what I tell my self every day. Some may use more colorful language but the statement is true. If you are going to do something then do it. When it comes to being a Christian it can be very hard. You really have to love, I mean really be able to love. If love is not you default position it doesn't mean that you can't be a Christian. It just means that you have to work at it a little harder at it than others maybe. But if you are going to follow Christ then follow him. He doesn't like luke-warm followers.

Love God with all your heart and all your soul not love God when its okay or you think that there is someone in the room that might make fun of you for it or if its inconvenient. Yes you will make mistakes, I make them everyday, and everyday I ask God to forgive me and be patient with me as I try to get better at this Christian thing. The beauty of it is that I don't have to do this. It is a choice. I have been given free will, and I choose to love God and follow Jesus's teachings, but you must be prepared.

If you choose to follow Christ then you will get some opposition. Some people will not understand you choice especially if this is something new or you renew this decision. Family's have had hard times when one of theirs decides to follow Christ and the family is anti-religion. You must always love that is what Christ wants. But when push comes to shove you have to be able to stand your ground. So you have to be willing to "hate" your parents who admonish you and talk bad about Christ and you faith and you decision to follow his teachings. Jesus was killed for what he taught. It amazes me to this day that he was but that was his job. To have his body nailed to a cross and hung up, stabbed, crowned of thorns digging in to his head, people spitting and yelling at him till he died. So if you choose to follow him then you need be prepared for such a reaction as well. You need to be prepared to take up your cross if you are going to follow him. You need to make a decision fully and whole heartedly.

Luke 14: 25 - 33
25Now great multitudes accompanied him; and he turned and said to them,
26"If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
27Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
29Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,
30saying, `This man began to build, and was not able to finish.'
31Or what king, going to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and take counsel whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?
32And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends an embassy and asks terms of peace.
33So therefore, whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment