Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Smack Me In The Face, I Need To Wake Up

Today is so amazing in this country. I can type something here and have it seen almost around the world in less than a day. I can be in the middle of the country surrounded by corn and soybeans and talk to someone on a cell phone across the country. Yet I see people who have a hard time talking to each other face to face or phone to phone or email to email because of fear, doubt, regret, or some other human frailty. 

If I am hungry I can walk down stairs and have a variety of choices. It wasn't that long ago that on the road if I was hungry I could stop at a gas station and get at most a bag of chips or a candy bar. Now I can get a turkey sandwich and a salad, maybe even hot food to eat on the go. Yet we still have people starving around the world. Children dying of hunger because they don't have anything to eat or anyone to give them something to eat. 

The convinces of this world are so many for what some would say a few but none the less we have much to take advantage of and much is taken for granted. I have made it a ritual for me to stop and humble myself. I realize that I am no one special yet I have so much, so many blessings. I am very thankful. I am actively working harder and harder each day to share my knowledge, time, sweat and tears with others to try and make the world a better place. 

I believe in Jesus Christ as the son God. I follow his teachings to the best of my ability for I believe that they have merit. I love God with all my heart and all my soul and love my neighbor the same with all my heart and all my being. I try to do all I can for others because I know that God has done so much for me. 

I try to no longer take for granted all I have and all I am and wake everyday thankful for my blessings and try not to waste them. I encourage you to do the same not for my sake but for yours. For if we all band together and try and make the world a better place and not rely on corrupt governments to fill the void with "programs" to do so the work and results will have so much more meaning and bear much better fruit.

Luke 17: 11 - 19
11On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Sama'ria and Galilee.
12And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance
13and lifted up their voices and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us."
14When he saw them he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went they were cleansed.
15Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice;
16and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan.
17Then said Jesus, "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?
18Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"
19And he said to him, "Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment