Saturday, November 30, 2013

“Learning”


Your light shines and warms my soul
My heart opens like a blossom in the spring
Spreading my wings I take flight
My journey long and tiring you are with me
As storm clouds approach you are here
Lightning strikes you heal my wounds
Dancing and running you’ve paid me
Rewards deep in the eyes of another
Smiles fill me frowns I kiss away
Through little fingers I see time slip
Strong hands are made by you through me
Sorrow I cannot hold at bay
You have lessons to teach them
With your hand as my spine I move forward
Every second is a sweet drop of rain
Every tear is a stone in the path to freedom
My love for you is the rolling wind
Not held back flowing around each obstacle
Some days sore feet slow my pace
But I know you are still waiting
For my follies I am sorry
A strong will was not wasted on me 
On bended knee I await your hand 

Please don’t give up on me

No comments:

Post a Comment