Thursday, November 7, 2013

Are You Lost?

For as long as I can remember I always felt like I didn't belong. That I was less than others around me. I was short underweight as a child growing up. I had a hard time in school focusing on lessons so I got bad grades and therefore felt I was stupid, but I always had my faith. As I got older I saw the lessons I learned in church betrayed by those who taught them. I didn't realize that they were people making mistakes. I didn't focus on the messages I focused on the teacher. Therefore I didn't feel like I was welcome or that I belonged in church either. I tried to stay religious and prayed but without attending church I had no backbone no structure to base my faith on and grow. Therefore as I got older I strayed more and more from the path because I was trying to do it on my own. Needless to say I got in a pretty bad place. Almost to the point that I could never return. I was a lost sheep that strayed from the group and the luckily I had a shepard that went looking for me and brought me home.

I found my way back, found a church that welcomed me. I studied and started focusing on the right things. I began to realize that while I may not be a superhero or a rock star I did have value and I did have a place at the table that I deserved. You should never feel like you do not have a place with God. He loves you, he is waiting for you to return or even show up for the first time. No matter what yo have done or are doing now you are welcome. Church and religion is not just for the righteous and proper. God is here for everyone. Jesus came not to help those that were already following Gods law and showing God's love. Jesus came to help and welcome the sinners. He loves everyone equally, so don't feel as though you don't belong or that you are not worthy. The Church is all about love. I have heard so many stories about people who don't want to go to Church because "religious people" have judged them in the past and that they are two faced. That could be but, more likely, they are people that have made mistakes.

Being a christian doesn't make you automatically perfect. It just means you have chosen a way to live your life. You will make mistakes. I do everyday, but when I do I get down on my knees and ask for forgiveness. Just like when one of my children acts out of line. I get upset sure, but as soon as they apologize all is forgiven. I love them and my children will always be welcome in my home no matter what they do or what help they may need. God is the same, he loves you and is waiting for you to come home.

Luke 15: 1 - 10
1Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him.
2And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."
3So he told them this parable:
4"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it?
5And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, `Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.'
7Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
8"Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?
9And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, `Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost.'
10Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

No comments:

Post a Comment