Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Mazzy Star Influence: This Hurts Too Much

Listen To The Song


I went through a phase where I was a major Mazzy Star fan and every once in a while that influence comes back. I hear it on the song "This Hurts Too Much" in particular.

Writing this song I was going through a bad spell. Whenever I get into fight with someone that I love very much I feel like I have been socked in the stomach really hard. Being a Christian I am told to love God with all my heart and all my soul and to love everyone I meet like I myself. It seems so weird that I could have so much in common with another person. We are just cursing along great then, BOOM, and an argument explodes. This song basically talks about dealing with those difficult feelings. Trying to get to the other side of the argument and heal hurt feelings and get the relationship back on track.

In a world that tells everyone that they can have anything they want their way it can be very hard to compromise over hard times. I am guilty of digging in way too much over something that I am passionate about. Thats why I like my religion because it makes me think about everyone else and encourages humility to make the world a better place. It encourages me to love others and help others even if I don't know them. So especially in close relationships I try to walk outside of my position and try to see things from another's perspective.

I will never sellout my faith. I will never sellout those principles or morals but I find that if I follow direction on how my religion teaches to love I usually come out these difficult times safe and sound and solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment