Monday, December 1, 2014

You Know That Person That Loves To Complain?


Letting go can be hard especially letting go of one’s self can be hard. Most are trained to be spoiled. That can be a tough thing to reverse, especially in this country (US). We are born and people, usually parents tend to our every desire. We are fed, clothed, carried everywhere, when we soil our diapers others change us, and many entertain babies to make sure that they don’t fuss. We get to school age and begin the long process learning that we are not the center of the universe. I hear many comments about, “How this or that should change”, because “THAT’S NOT THE WAY I LIKE IT!” That guy in front of me should speed up or just pull over so I can pass. That person shouldn’t be so greedy cause they took the last piece on sale. Why do I have to PULL UP to the line and have them bring it out TO me? Why can’t I just sit here at the window? I will admit myself guilty so many times of thinking such things. Letting go and having faith that we will get what we need can be a hard thing. God calls us to have faith in him. Like the my child that doesn’t understand why its bad to play video games 24/7 we don’t always understand why God works the way he does.  We think far too micro and can’t see the macro view. I finally got the point where “gave up”. I let go and gave my life to God. My way wasn’t working. I was lucky that I was Baptized long ago and received a good dose of Grace. I decided that I no longer wanted to live a life of slavery trying to eat, drink, consume and attain every desire that I wanted. I let go and gave it all to God. I dove into that faith thing. I was afraid that everything I built would fall apart, and you know what? It did fall apart, but something more beautiful was built in its place. I tended to my faith. I studied and read and worked to be a better Christian. I go to mass regularly and I don’t just show up. I look to learn. When I am mad at the world I stop, pray and love. I have faith in God and he hasn’t let me down. God already has sacrificed so much. He let his son die for you and me and everyone, but we have to accept Jesus. We have to accept him as our savior, follow his ways and become a baptized in the Holy Spirit. God offers us so much, it may not be what we want but it is what we need. We just need to let go and have faith and we will fly, or do you like to sit and complain?

Matthew 8:5-11

5As he entered Caper'na-um, a centurion came forward to him, beseeching him 6and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, in terrible distress." 7And he said to him, "I will come and heal him." 8But the centurion answered him, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes, and to another, `Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, `Do this,' and he does it." 10When Jesus heard him, he marveled, and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith. 11I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven,

No comments:

Post a Comment