Monday, December 15, 2014

This Ain't No Jelly of the Month Club!


You can't fool a fooler and you can't trick a wise man. My children are a wonderful blessing even though they can try my patience on many occasion. Many times I will stop my sons from doing something before they do it, or acknowledge their sneaky tricks to subvert their responsibilities when they think they are in the clear. My sons look at me in wonder like, "How did he know about that?" Many times I know because I tried the same tricks on my father and mother when I was young. Other times I know because I just know their nature that well. God is the king of knowing both us and what lies inside our hearts. He loves us and wants the best for us, and like a good father mourns our bad decisions and heartbreaks. He tries to guide us down the correct path. He gives us rules and guidelines that will help us steer clear of so much pain. He sent his only son to teach and warn us to keep our hearts warm, open and pure as opposed to cold, closed and stained. He will watch as we dare to choose our way instead of his right up until the point where we get smacked in the face. Then he waits calmly for us to return to him where he waits with open arms to hold, comfort and teach us once again. He stands calmly while we try to slyly ask questions or find ways to try and wiggle around his rules. And when we fall or find the answer we weren't looking for he stands there beside us waiting lovingly for our apology and return to righteousness. Ever patient, ever loving and never ending is his true pure love. With all the gifts on the minds of the masses this holiday season, God's love is truly the most precious gift that keeps on giving.


Matthew 21:23-27
23And when he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him as he was teaching, and said, "By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?" 24Jesus answered them, "I also will ask you a question; and if you tell me the answer, then I also will tell you by what authority I do these things. 25The baptism of John, whence was it? From heaven or from men?" And they argued with one another, "If we say, `From heaven,' he will say to us, `Why then did you not believe him?' 26But if we say, `From men,' we are afraid of the multitude; for all hold that John was a prophet." 27So they answered Jesus, "We do not know." And he said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment