Thursday, December 4, 2014

What Team Are You On?

What Team Are You On?

With Christmas quickly approaching we find ourselves in the season of giving. At a time when the fields are empty and the weather cold we find ourselves in midst of a holiday where we are supposed to come together and give to one another from our abundance. It is the time of year that I often wish we could sustain throughout the whole year. Opening our hearts and giving is what God calls for. He wants us to love and give. He wants us to have compassion and forgiveness. God gives us life, this world, talents, love, wisdom, free will, intellect and most of all his only son and through him he gave us himself. However at this time in the world we find life pulling us in an opposite direction. The world tells us that we should serve ourselves. It encourages us to keep our eyes focused on little portable video screens at all time so that we can be entertained. Millions of pictures and sound bites compete for our attention every day which makes me wonder if we are so focused on screens and ourselves are we aware what is going on right in front of us. I always find that the best place to start working with compassion is right in front of my face, void of a video screen. When I have done all I can do there I move outward. I am no great man. I am a sinner in fact but I know that God believes in me and you that we can each become so much more, so much better and help so many in need. As God is there for us every day I encourage you to be there for him every day. I encourage you to love God and everyone you meet everyday. For the gifts and the happiness that I have found loving God and loving others far surpasses anything that I have ever attained for myself. God wants us to truly find heaven here on earth and we can build it if we can start to love each other every day. The only question that remains for me to you is, are you on the team of ME or WE?

Matthew 15:29-37
29And Jesus went on from there and passed along the Sea of Galilee. And he went up on the mountain, and sat down there. 30And great crowds came to him, bringing with them the lame, the maimed, the blind, the dumb, and many others, and they put them at his feet, and he healed them, 31so that the throng wondered, when they saw the dumb speaking, the maimed whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel. 32Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion on the crowd, because they have been with me now three days, and have nothing to eat; and I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way." 33And the disciples said to him, "Where are we to get bread enough in the desert to feed so great a crowd?" 34And Jesus said to them, "How many loaves have you?" They said, "Seven, and a few small fish." 35And commanding the crowd to sit down on the ground, 36he took the seven loaves and the fish, and having given thanks he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. 37And they all ate and were satisfied; and they took up seven baskets full of the broken pieces left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment