Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Are You In The Know?

Everyone likes to be in the know. For some reason we feel special when we know some thing that everyone else doesn't. I can't recall how many times I have heard children brag, "I know something you don't know." Thing is, God keeps it really simple. Many that don't get his rules (commandments) are just thinking too hard. They are too wise for their own good. It all boils down to love. When in doubt, love, that's pretty much it. Now I am not going to sit here and say I know why certain things play out hay they do. I don't understand gods master plan but I do understand what he expects of me. He wants me to love. When I am in need he wants me to love enough to humble myself and ask for help. When someone needs help he wants me to love enough to help those in need. When I wrong someone or God he wants me to love enough to ask for forgiveness. When I am wronged he wants me to love enough that I forgive without being asked. Many Christians get to caught up in the rules so that they spend all their time condemning others, and that is not loving. I always think about the line Jesus spoke, "he without sin cast the first stone." I find it a very healthy habit to examine my actions and look to my hero to decide if I am staying on a proper course. I make mistakes. I sin and I ask for forgiveness when I do so. Most of all I try and not be too wise. I do study daily, but I try and take that knowledge to my heart and not my head. For when I find when I fill my head with too much knowledge it grows and makes it difficult getting through doorways. So if you find yourself wanting to be in the know all you need to do is ask. God has so much to share if you only want to make time for him. Do you want to though?
Luke 10:21-24
21In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven
and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will. 22All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." 23Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see! 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."

No comments:

Post a Comment