Thursday, December 4, 2014

What is on Your Chistmas List?

What is on Your Christmas List?

I can remember being young and how this was my favorite time of year. I couldn't wait till the presents started showing up under the Christmas tree. I would sit and stare and try and figure out what each one was. I know that I was always eager to make lists of what I wanted from Santa. On Christmas morning I would rush and wait for my parents to open presents. It seemed like the entire day was moving in slow motion on purpose to delay getting to moment of euphoria. That moment when the first piece of wrapping paper was sacrificed. Like many children I would try and court my parents during the Christmas season to try and get what I wanted. I would beg and plead sometimes with mixed results. Later in life I found myself often begging to God to get me out of whatever current mess I had gotten myself into, "PLEASE PLEASE GOD! THIS IS THE LAST TIME! GET ME OUT OF THIS ONE AND I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!" I will admit that God did get me out a few close ones, but it became apparent that I wasn't going to fulfill my end of the bargain very well. After a while when I would ask God to bail me out his response was one of, "why don't you try doing things my way for a change and see how that works out." I was slow to turn but once I did I found my life becoming more easy the more I followed. I've since come to realize that it's best to examine my life daily and ask ,"what would Jesus do?", when I reach forks in the road. I am far from perfect. I am nobody special. I'm a sinner just like everyone else, but I have learned the benefits from building my life on rock solid choices rather than ones that are like quicksand. So as the Christmas season unfolds I ask, what's on your Christmas list, and are you on the right path to get it?

Matthew 7:21, 24-27
21"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 24"Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; 25and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; 27and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment