Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Thought: I am a Sinner

     One thing is for certain, I am a sinner.  Everyday I wake up and make my way out into the world with my flaws. I do my best to overcome my character flaws and desires for past vices and become a better person than I was yesterday, last week, last year and so on.  How do I do this? With God at my side, by studying the teachings of Jesus and with the help of the Holy Spirit. I travel through each day on the path of becoming a  better man. 

     When I learned Jesus came to serve me it really threw me for a loop.  I didn't quite know how to accept that information.  Honestly the world blows my mind. When I see the seasons turn and their purpose, how the circle of life unfolds and how life is designed to feed each other I am in awe. The world just seems to work so well no matter what man tries to throw at it, and that's one of the reasons I believe in God. Because of all I have I am very thankful.  I am a very  blessed person despite all of my flaws and mistakes God blesses me with all I have. Each week I work hard to show my gratitude and thanks. I give when I can as much as I can. When I see others in need I try very hard to break out of my shy introverted nature and help others. I don't want to collect recognition or thanks. It is just how I try to serve my lord.

     So hearing that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are serving me is very humbling.  but its true, over the years I have been served well by the Lord. God has listened to my in my ours of need. God has answered may a prayer , maybe not the way I would have liked but he has answered. Through reading the Gospel and "chance" happenings in my life Jesus has taught me to love and be loved taking my life to places and feelings I have never known. And with the Holy Spirit I have been given the courage, knowledge, words and enlightenment to stay on the right path and to help those around me.

     Just as God serves me I do my best to serve him. As I pass through life I try to stay on the lookout for those I can hold the door open for. I look for those that I can serve and possibly help get to heaven. For that is what I learn from God to serve to love to help others in return for what I have received and to show thanks. Because though God may have all and be all he takes time for those who want him. He is prepared to be the last to leave and so he rewards those who, though maybe lowly and last, because of their sacrifice for others he allows them to be first in heaven.

Mark 10: 28 - 31
28 Peter began to say to him, "Lo, we have left everything and followed you."
29 Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel,
30 who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first will be last, and the last first."

No comments:

Post a Comment