Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Poem: Lesson Learned

“Lesson Learned”

Head hung low in the mirror again
So many thoughts discourage me inside
I once was high with no where to fall
But now I hit that cold brick wall
My hands are dirty and my knees all scraped
I beg for forgiveness and drift in the wake
I hear the whispers and for where they are bound
Lost all my strength like I’m tied to the ground
So weak and so beat everyone dances around 
Cause nothing is more fun that kicking a man thats down
I once was a snake but now Im a lamb
Once so untouchable but now just a man
For all the fire that I once spit to the world 
I’ll gladly stand humbled and take the stones hurled
Inside is my peace in which I will lay
My prayers have been answered it's here I should stay
So if the sun should again fall on my face
And the chains of my past somehow melt away
Please let me not forget what I've learned on this day
Let me hold to the words that are righteous and true
So again I won’t fall into the pit thats so burns

No comments:

Post a Comment