Monday, March 31, 2014

A Poem: Where Are You?

“Where Are You?”

The stone sits inside my stomach
The screams they echo like a dying lamb
No turns are left in the road
The sky is black with no sun for bearings
Far away on a mountain top 
A light glimmers dancing in the trees
Whispers fall upon my ears
A small child tells me no blood will fall
Not on this day 
Maybe tomorrow
A sea of eyes naked and starring at my heart
Dogs are heard licking their chops
Not seen just heard
Lying and waiting for the last breath to fall
A child’s finger curls begging my approach
The old man spits at my feet
Sweating a fat woman winces in my direction
Her red dress drips with the blood of innocents
Deadly silent the light still dances 
A warm whisper dances on my ear
The cold is gone but my gut still churns 
Screams pierce my ears and tell me not to dance
Not today
Maybe tomorrow

The little feet I hear them walking away

No comments:

Post a Comment