Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Poem: Where Is Your Sunshine Now?

“Where Is Your Sunshine Now?”

The hall is cold wind and dark
I feel wet fresh grass under my naked feet
A warm breath rides over my shoulder
Laughing breaks the distant silence
A light would be nice a break from the dark
One match would suffice
Eager men would burn the prairie
A quiet child would burn its fingers
I just want to see the sun again
Its glow fills me whole
I find the wall its brick and damp
Slowly rotting from all the tears
A child skipping can be heard on the other side
Her gentle whisper asks me to join
There are no doors in this hall
Only holes will allow escape
Patience isn’t wasted as the old man turns his chin
The glimmer in his eye won’t fade because he thinks he still can win
The fields of flowers are waiting with the sunshine high above

Finger in my hair the waiting is almost done

No comments:

Post a Comment