Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Poem: You Are Not Alone


“You Are Not Alone”

The burn in your heart is there
But somehow your skin is cold
The road is long and hard
You stand still seeing the view
Sweat it rolls slowly off your brow
Your muscles ache from everything so far
You’d like to rest just for a moment
But the ground burns so hot
Never fear for I can see
Cause I have been here before
Just turn around and ask
You are not alone
I know you might feel fragile
But  I am by your side
If you need to lean
My shoulder is here to ride
If you feel your stumbling 
Just about to fall 
I have two hands here empty
They just wait for your call
Maybe you are so confused 
You don’t know what to think 
Just know my ears are waiting 
All you have to do is speak
If you think for just one second
Your weight is too much to bear
That second is too long to think
Otherwise I would not be here
I know you think its heavy 
But for me it's really light
Just ask for my assistance
And I will help you through the dark
You’re not alone for here I stand
Waiting for your call
My strength is yours if you need
For we can make it through it all.


Michael Timothy Smith
copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment