Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Thought: Singing to Those You Love

Have you ever had someone sing to you about how wonderful you are and all the wonderful things you do for them. Neither have I, but I am a musician and a songwriter and as my family will attest to a little different from most. I have on occasion been known to make up little songs around the house and sing them to my children about them and how they make me feel. I have even had an occasion to write , preform, and record songs about my wife and how wonderful she is. When I sing these songs for them the funniest thing happens. A smile breaks out from ear to ear
Generally embarrassment ensues because most people are just no used to having praises sung to them, but God loves music, it is a gift fe has given us and after creating an entire world for us to live that provides all we need he asks only 10% of our labors in return. Even credit card companies want on average 15%. A song is merely icing on the cake.


Psalms 95: 1 - 2, 6 - 9

1
 O come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
2
 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
6
 O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!
7
 For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. O that today you would hearken to his voice!
8
 Harden not your hearts, as at Mer'ibah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness,
9
 when your fathers tested me, and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment