Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Poem: Inside My Thoughts and Waiting

“Inside My Thoughts and Waiting”

My eyes are closed 
Inside the yearnings of my mind
Im on the beach I feel the sun
The waves are crashing free and kind
I fill my lungs with open air
And too I open my eyes
A midwest plain so far to see
My hands reach to the sky
No weight is felt I’m shackles free
Sweet sounds dance in my mind
All is right for all is just
As I stand still in this time
A breeze so soft crawls over me
Then slowly fades away
The grass bends under my feet
As I glide along with grace I know that this will end
I will wake to a cold winters day 
And for myself I must be patient
For summer is not long away
So soon will become the hour
When its time to fly away
Till then I’ll hold the beauty

Inside my mind of a summer’s day

No comments:

Post a Comment