Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Pearl Jam Influence: "Take Them Away"

I like to listen to lots of different types of music. I really find it hard to listen to something and not find something in it that I like. Pearl Jam came on to the scene and was one of the band that really seemed to flip things upside down. Their first 2 records were considered fairly "safe" and "mainstream" by Alternative and Punk standard but when recording Vs. they started to push the artistic envelope. I like all of there music and I here some influence from their later recordings on this track I recently recorded.

Lyrically its about overcoming demons. I have fought with my fair share over the years. Even in the chaos there were moments of clarity and I guess that lends to the music's textures as well. I found that my way out was a faith in God. I realized that he loved me no matter what and like a father was just waiting for me to come home. He welcomed me with open arms. Through the Bible I have found teachings that have helped guide me down a better path. Jesus taught me how to love and made my life more full because putting his teachings on how to love in practice has filled the once empty hole in my life.

I know that some people think that being a Christian is stupid, but it has really opened up doors in my life. Doors that have led to love both giving and receiving. I am still not a perfect man and God doesn't expect me to be. Being a Christian gives me the discipline to live a good, healthy life. If you find a hole in your life that needs filled I suggest you give God a try. He loves you and is waiting for you. He accepts you as you are and just wants you to become the best version of yourself that you can possibly be.

This is just a rough demo but I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I would throw it out into the world of the internet for the heck of it.


Listen to the song by clicking here


Lyrics and Scripture the song is based on:

<Verse 1>
Take it out of me
I can’t bare to see 
I just want to find my way home
You have the way
To take me there
I just need some peace of mind

<Break>

<Verse2>
I love you so
Everywhere you go
I try to follow in kind
All your precious word
All the things I learn
You’ve taught me in golden time 

<Chorus>
Too much inside can’t you see
Everything is now pulling me
From the seams to the eternity
Take these demons away

<Verse 3>
I’ve been waiting here
For the sun to bear
All the pain I have inside
Just a little child
That can’t stop cry’n 
Won’t please just take the time 

<Chorus 2x’s>
Too much inside can’t you see
Everything is now pulling me
From the seams to the eternity
Take these demons away

<Break>
I need you 
I need you
I need you to cover me

<Chorus 2x’s>
Too much inside can’t you see
Everything is now pulling me
From the seams to the eternity
Take these demons away

<Verse 4>
Just a little peace
Is all I need
Just a crumb to pass me by
You take my hand
Lead me to the land
Of hope and peace of mind     

Mark 7: 24 - 30

24
And from there he arose and went away to the region of Tyre and Sidon. And he entered a house, and would not have any one know it; yet he could not be hid.
25
But immediately a woman, whose little daughter was possessed by an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell down at his feet.
26
Now the woman was a Greek, a Syrophoeni'cian by birth. And she begged him to cast the demon out of her daughter.
27
And he said to her, "Let the children first be fed, for it is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."
28
But she answered him, "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
29
And he said to her, "For this saying you may go your way; the demon has left your daughter."
30
And she went home, and found the child lying in bed, and the demon gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment