Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Thought: Filling Up With Happiness

To be a man of worry is a terrible thing. If you let fear run your life you can find yourself missing out on a lot as well. On the other side can be just as damaging to think too much of yourself. One can run the risk of being blindsided and hurt all the sam. So what is the answer then? I often find the comfortable path being one of confidence loaded in humility. Confidence was once a very tricky thin for me. For reasons I won’t go into now I spent a large part of my life without confidence. Who could I be? I was just a man with little knowledge and experience in a world that cold squash me like a bug. Then one day I had a realization. Life was not about me. Yes, I had my life and I could do with it what I will but a life lived that is fulfilled is not about me. It was about God. It was about God’s way. To live a life that felt full and satisfying I would have to love with all my heart and all my soul. I came to realize that I am a bottomless pit. No matter how much I poured into me I never felt full. No matter how mcu I drank I would not be happy. No matter how much I ate, the most i could do was get sick but I was not happy. No matter how much stuff I collected it was never enough, I was not happy. Not until I learned the value of flipping the equation and started giving did I feel happiness. Not until I started to love the way God wanted was I happy. I don’t worry so much anymore because I know its not about me, its about God. He grants me what I need to live a life full of love and happiness. With his help and wisdom I have overcome so much. God wants me to love and to serve others and in that I find happiness.


1 Corinthians 2: 1 - 5

1
When I came to you, brethren, I did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God in lofty words or wisdom.
2
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
3
And I was with you in weakness and in much fear and trembling;
4
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5
that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment