Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Taking A Break


I have been given some advice and it has been very hard to follow. I have been told to take a break from writing and recording music to get some perspective. Few know my writing skills, passion and pace. It's sort of like asking a fat kid to take a break from sugar for a while.

I feel very luck for the advice given to me by my new mentor and though I have asked him to be my manager he is just too busy. :(

I asked one of my friends recently if he would want to work on some new songs with me. Guitarlordkryss Fmk was like "sure", I had a record finished for him to work on in like a week. LOL None the less this is why I haven't been posting anything lately. At first I thought some time off meant like, 2 days, but I have come to realize that "time off" meant more like a month. Shortly after I received the advice I started to have things "break down" nothing major that couldn't be fixed but they were things that were always just big enough that would keep me from writing and recording.

It's really helped me get a new perspective and a break while frustrating is showing me the ugly side of my writing addiction. I don't know when I will get back in to writing but I think I need this time off. If you are a fan of some of my projects you have probably noticed that I have taken them down(Except Whisper Behind the Light). If not, well then you aren't missing anything LOL :)

A long time ago someone I know heard a Foo Fighters song and told me that this song reminded them of me writing songs. Its a bit dark but pretty close to the mark

Foo Fighters "All My Life"

No comments:

Post a Comment