Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In a World of Chaos...

In a world of chaos it is so easy to get distracted. What is this? This is that! Where is my thing? How late am I today. Being a father of 4 and an attendee of a at home daycare that serves up to 8 or 9 sometimes it is very easy to be caught up in the moment. If I dare turn on the news everything now seems to be a 5 alarm alert. Everyone is clamoring for attention in an ever shrinking world. So many people want to be heard and make a difference that everyone is screaming at the top of their lungs, at least that is what it seems like on some days. However when the world seems bent on turning it up a notch and I just can't get away I take a second and pause and pray. I know that to some this seems very simple minded and stupid. That's okay, but I have lived on both sides of the fence. I have had doubt and lived without. I have felt wrapped in love and cast aside in the gutter. Prayer and study in the world of God brings me peace. I keep a copy of the New Testament on me a ESV (English Standard Version) and when times are tough I find five minutes and read, sometimes longer. Now I believe in God and that his son was Jesus and he was sent here to teach the world. Because of the path I have had through life and the experiences on this path I have come to that conclusion. Besides that however reading about peace and love, teaching about how to care for each other in such a crazy world, because it has always been, gives me hope. Reading those words and those teachings brings calm and a reinvigorated effort to move forward in the world in a more righteous way. Not just for my sake but for others. I truly believe the world is not about me. It is about my fellow man or woman that I may or may not know. To use a more similar catch phrase, I try to "pay it forward" everyday. Do I always succeed? No, but being a christian is not about being perfect. I am man for so I am flawed, so ask forgiveness of my mistakes and learn from where I fall short and try to move ahead doing better next time. Because that is what Jesus and his book the Bible teaches me, and I am happier for it.

Luke 10: 38 - 42
38Now as they went on their way, he entered a village; and a woman named Martha received him into her house.
39And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching.
40But Martha was distracted with much serving; and she went to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me."
41But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things;
42one thing is needful. Mary has chosen the good portion, which shall not be taken away from her."

No comments:

Post a Comment