Friday, October 18, 2013

I Am So Very Thankful

Interesting Paul Harvey Dialoge

I find it so easy for myself to take for granted what I have before me. Life is such a whirlwind with 4 wonderful children a loving wife and a swing shift job. Some days I am guilty of knowing whether I am coming or going. Each day I wake up and try to bring peace to the world. I try and teach my children the importance of staying calm. Getting upset merely makes the problems of the day see worse. I try and calm the heart and mind of my wife when she gets overrun by children needing this and that for our in home daycare. She handles most with poise but some days seem like a battering ram of problems and thats when I try and step in.

Being thankful for what I have, staying calm in stressful times and spreading a message of love is what I try and do on a daily basis. Life is a participation sport. If you don't get involved then you leave yourself risk of unhappiness, unhealthiness, and a path to ruin. You might feel like a lone voice screaming in the desert or a whisper that is unheard in a crowed partying room but do not be distressed. Actions as well as words go a long way. Giving up only means that those with opposing plans will succeed.

If you do not like something you need to speak up. If you have a question it is your duty to ask. For how will we learn how will we educate if we don't stand up to the plate and use the voice that we have.  I find much distress in the things I see today but I know that I cannot relent. I write my representitives almost weekly. I engage people that I meet. Not just to preach but to listen. Life is a lesson that never stops. I read my Bible and most important, I pause and listen for the lesson. Sometimes in an instant sometimes with delay it comes.

So do not fear, do not distress, do not give up. Read, sign petitions, make your voice heard, but remember life evolves for the better when we pivot from love not from desire or vanity. That is why I am a Christian and a Catholic. I read the teachings and I believe in them. I believe that it is best to love my neighbor not to judge my neighbor. To help those in need and to be thankful for what I have and to share with others as Jesus Christ has taught me.

Luke 10: 1 - 9

1After this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to come.
2And he said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; pray therefore the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
3Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.
4Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and salute no one on the road.
5Whatever house you enter, first say, `Peace be to this house!'
6And if a son of peace is there, your peace shall rest upon him; but if not, it shall return to you.
7And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages; do not go from house to house.
8Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you;
9heal the sick in it and say to them, `The kingdom of God has come near to you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment