Sunday, October 6, 2013

Humility

Humility goes a long way. So much we are told to day to feed our egos, to take care of ourselves. We have to because no one else will. Yet we have an earth under our feet. We have air to breathe. We have food to eat and rain falls from the sky that feeds our crops and gives us food to eat. Do we make the earth, air, rain, do we make the seeds grow. I am humbled by this every day. When I become proud and REALLY think about how things got done I realize that I had little to do with it. My ability, gifts and talents were bestowed on me by God, and even though I am involved and my participation is necessary I still find every day I have to work on my faith. The disciples asked to increase their faith. It is not really quantity but quality. For Jesus said that if we had a small faith yet strong we could do so much, but we have to keep in mind that we must be humble because it is not us that makes it possible but God and I thank him that he sent his son Jesus to teach us that lesson.

Luke 17: 5 - 10
5The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"
6And the Lord said, "If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamine tree, `Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.
7"Will any one of you, who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep, say to him when he has come in from the field, `Come at once and sit down at table'?
8Will he not rather say to him, `Prepare supper for me, and gird yourself and serve me, till I eat and drink; and afterward you shall eat and drink'?
9Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded?
10So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, `We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment