Wednesday, October 9, 2013

After a Rough Day

After a rough day it can be hard for me to think. I have a house full of kids and job that can be quite hectic and music that bombards my mind that begs to be written and recorded. Most of important of all I am a Christian. This does not mean that I am perfect. This means that I am flawed and that I follow a discipline of Jesus Christ to live my life. Jesus is my hero his teachings I find are wonderful. I do believe that he is the son of God. I have take the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior, and when I fall on my face being stupid and having sin, I get on my knees and ask for forgiveness.

But I have gotten off subject.

On tough days it can be hard to decide what to pray about. The days where so many things hit me at once that I don't know what to say. In these moments I recite the Lord's Prayer. It is simple and to the point and going through it slowly really helps to put so much into perspective. There are a few different variations but in all its forms it really boils things down.

It reminds me that there is a Lord in heaven and that he is most important. That I look forward to the day and times his way are preformed on the earth. That I should not be afraid to ask for things for he wishes to provide though I may not understand his timing. That I should ask forgiveness for my shortcomings and that I should forgive those that wrong me in the same manner for I make mistakes as well. I am reminded that there is evil in the world and that I need protection from it. From there other things may come to mind so I will put those words to air as well.

God already knows what I need and how I feel but he wants me to acknowledge it as well. Just like I know that my children need me and love me but I like them to say it out loud to me the same.

Luke 11: 1 - 4
1He was praying in a certain place, and when he ceased, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples."
2And he said to them, "When you pray, say: "Father, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come.
3Give us each day our daily bread;
4and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive every one who is indebted to us; and lead us not into temptation."

No comments:

Post a Comment