Monday, July 28, 2014

A Thought: “Spreading the Love”



I really like smiles though sometimes it is hard to smile. What a smile can sew and then reap is quite amazing. Have you ever tried just looking random people in the eye and smiling like you just ate the best meal of your life. Its funny to watch the other persons face but usually the corners of their mouth begin to roll up and start to make a smile themselves. In a world with so many distractions and seemingly so little time to get everything done in it still amazes me how a smile can change a room. They can be reassuring, welcoming and help spread love it can also be rather viral. Smiling at one person can brighten someones day for the better and they in turn have the ability to pass it on. That is how I feel about God’s love and gifts. If I share them I begin to see them grow and multiply. Am I someone special? No, I am just as ordinary as anyone else. Anyone can help make this world a better place. Anyone can smile, and just that act alone can do so much. You don’t even have to speak a word which works well for me because so often I find myself without words around others. I usually just prefer to listen. I encourage you to try this as well, to try and help bring some happiness into the world. In my opinion its the first step in trying to make the world a better place. God merely wants us to love him and to love everyone else on the planet as we love ourselves. Is that always easy? No, but if we learn from Jesus’s teachings we can find out how to love better. 

Matthew 13:31-35

31Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; 32it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." 33He told them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened." 34All this Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed he said nothing to them without a parable. 35This was to fulfil what was spoken by the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment