Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Thought: Living in a Miracle

It seems that the world doesn’t believe much in miracles anymore. Some have given up or dismissed the idea that the earth, all on it and all surrounding it was made with purpose. With so many “facts” and notions of how the world works and what it is the mystery of the gift seems to get lost in the shuffle. I look at the world and I see how everything has its place. Plants give us oxygen to breath and we give them carbon dioxide to breath. Birds live in the trees and eat insects to keep population down. The insects are here to work on breaking down the “garbage” so that it can be recycled back into the earth. Everything has its purpose. Each time I think that I have found something that doesn’t give back I study and, yep, it has its place. Humans at the top of the food chain, or rather out of it command this wonderful gift called earth. A place to live and therefore it is our job to take care of it. I maybe a hokey ignoramus but I find a miracle in this. I know that it is easy to read the Bible and all the miracles that it speaks of and wonder, “Why doesn’t anything like that happen now?” Fact of them matter it does, you just have to look for it. Part of the problem is that people don’t really believe in miracles anymore so we don’t call them for what they are when we see them. I believe in them and have seen them many times. I believe and I have faith in God and the world around me. I love and try to understand and learn. I study the lessons of Jesus. I don’t always understand why God my father does things the way he does but I have faith in his ways. My sons don’t understand why I don’t want them to play video games 24/7 but there is purpose to it. I know that asking God for miracles could be a bit trying on him. Have you ever had someone ask you to prove that you love them. I have, I did, but it wasn’t enough. They kept asking and asking for me to prove it. I don’t know if it was the proof that they wanted or the acts I completed for my proof that they wanted. I would imagine God feels like that sometimes. He has already done so much. I look out my window and walk through my world and I feel so grateful. What does God want in return? Love, appreciation and worship is what he wants in return. Love him and everything else he made. Show appreciation and take care of what he has given us and worship him to show thanks for all he has done. For me faith is the corner stone for all of this and I know that God will take care of me in good times and bad.

John 11:19-27
19and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. 20When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house. 21Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you." 23Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." 24Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." 25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" 27She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment