Monday, July 21, 2014

A Thought: On A Journey

“On a Journey”

I laugh at myself sometimes in this world with the internet and instant access to people all over the world and information that I feel afraid sometime to talk to others. I guess it might be because of a life filled with rejection, and I negatively feel that is a reflection on me and my worth. We are all worthy and all beautiful. I know that these are words that have come out of many an after school special but it is true and needs to be repeated from time to time. I could not imagine walking out the door with nothing. Just walking down the road speaking to whomever I met about my love for God and what it means to love, forgive and repent. I hear so many stories that have the words, “Oh, yeah and then they knocked on my door and tried to talk to me about God stuff. Why can’t they just stay home?” I can’t imagine going on said journey with no money, food or even a change of clothes, but that’s what the disciples did. They just went out there and met, talked and loved people they didn’t know. Anymore when I talk about God and Jesus’s teachings a great peace comes over me. Do people want to hear what I have to say? Probably not all the time and I have gotten some rather strange looks, but I don’t really care. I think people though trying at times are wonderful. I see uniqueness in everyone I meet. Do I agree with everyone? No, but I still love and respect them. Even the ones that call me names to my face or disappear off the face of the planet when they find out I am one of those “God Freaks”!  I try very hard to not offend anyone but I do stand and speak for what I believe in. Its not always easy but I feel I have received a great gift. I have a great peace inside of me. Studying Jesus and his teachings has been a real eye opener for me. To learn how to love everyone as they are has been challenging and very rewarding. I feel wonderful that God loves me know and also when I act like an idiot. I will scream it at the top of my lungs. 

I AM NOT PERFECT, I MESS UP A LOT AND I MAKE MISTAKES ALL THE TIME. 

I just ask for forgiveness and try to move on learn and become a better person each and everyday. So, in a way I am on a journey though mine is a lot more comfortable than the disciples but I give when I can to those in need. I share what I know and love as much as I possibly can to try and make this world a better place. One day I will get where I am going and I just hope that when I turn around and look back I see a trail of good deeds behind me, not for my sake though, but for everyone else’s. I have been taught to share the knowledge of the wonderful gift I have received and I try every day.

Luke 9:1-6

1And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal. 3And he said to them, "Take nothing for your journey, no staff, nor bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not have two tunics. 4And whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them." 6And they departed and went through the villages, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment