Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Thought: Getting Pulled On

I could not believe being surrounded by people all the time. I see famous people getting crowded with people swarming them and taking pictures. I hear reports on the news from time to time about famous people getting grabbed at and pulled on. I could imagine having someone pulling on my clothes as I walked down the street, but I guess that is how things go. People seem to have a hole inside them and try and fill it to feel whole. Unfortunately some fill it with the wrong things. Hate, money, lust, drugs and or alcohol are a few of the things that people fill their life with. I have chosen to fill my life with love. Its not always easy for me to do sometimes my “flesh” my “body” wants to do other things but they are just an empty vessel that never seems to satisfy. Money, never enough, sex and alcohol the same. Insanity is described as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Filling that hole with the wrong thing day in and day out seems like insanity to me because it never gets filled with those things. 

So even though he traveled everywhere by foot with no shield from the weather Jesus took the time to teach the lesson of love because he was love. All God really wants is for us to love him instead of all other “gods” and to love each other and we love ourselves. Some will listen and spread this “love” to others. For others love will be quickly taken away or lost altogether for a lack of faith and/or persuasion. Though we may make mistakes God still loves us and welcomes us to him. 

Matthew 13:1-9

1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. 2And great crowds gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat there; and the whole crowd stood on the beach. 3And he told them many things in parables, saying: "A sower went out to sow. 4And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. 5Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they had not much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, 6but when the sun rose they were scorched; and since they had no root they withered away. 7Other seeds fell upon thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9He who has ears, let him hear." 

No comments:

Post a Comment