Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Thought: The Hidden Treasure

When I was a child I was REALLY into radio controlled cars. I wanted to collect them, race them and build them. It was really meaningful for me to be such a young age, be able to build something and then watch it go. The first one that my father got me was good but all the fun was taken out of it cause it was already put together and you couldn’t modify it at all. I worked and worked and saved up the money and bought my first one that I would have to build on my own. Also being a child I didn’t have a good sense of what was important. After several days of coming home finding me not having my chores done my father took away that car. He had it built by someone else and then it sat, for me to see everyday. After years and years I finally got that car and just recently I got it running. That first time around the yard I felt like I was 10 yrs old again. The joy and glee I felt was something special. As I have gotten older I have not only learned the importance of getting work done on time but also what is really important in life. I am very thankful that I have God in my life. He is there at every turn. When things are good, bad and in between he is there. He gave the most amazing gift ever when he sent his son down to earth. The lessons on how to love have changed my life. I feel whole and my life is much better off. I have learned how to forgive others and myself. The baggage that I used to walk around with is no longer there. I can see now the danger signs of bad decisions coming down the road. Do I always make the right ones? No, I am human and I am flawed and I have learned to admit my mistakes and ask for forgiveness from people I hurt and God. I now have the tools to teach my children so that hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes that I have. If they do, then they will know that they are not alone either. The gifts that God has given me are priceless and they are free. I think about my life before and what I had in comparison to now. I am so very grateful, I would have done anything to get where I am now. All I had to do though was to stop, pray, read, meditate and then repeat. I didn’t have to work and toil. I didn’t have to save up a ton of money. I would have done either to receive the peace and happiness that I now have, but I didn’t have to God already loved me and wanted to help me. He is waiting for you to, all you have to do is talk to him and ask him to come into your life. Read the stories of Jesus and his teachings, put them into practice and feel your life slowly change for the better. Its your choice, you can do whatever you want. This is what I chose and it is wonderful.

Matthew 13:44-46
44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment