Wednesday, October 11, 2017

"Unbelievable" - a Poem


One look at the man and I wanted to hate him
Just the look in his eye, he thought he was better
Around as he looked he just glared down his nose
It took all I had to not smash in his face

Pacing around, his posture not better 
Acting as if he owned the whole room
I tried to pause once, to see something good
As he spit on the ground I just wanted to hurl

Waving his hands, nothing seemed quite right
Nothing was good enough for this man
Halting all progress to wait for his will 
Time seemed to slow as I pondered his peril

I wanted to walk up to king of the day
Spit in his eye and reveal that his hands were of clay
I wanted to prove how simple he was
I wanted to prove that there is nothing he's done

A kick in the pants wouldn't quite suffice
For a man who lived his life from vice to vice
Perhaps I should wait for an audience to arrive
So they could see me shove his face in a fresh pile of mud

I felt oh so dirty just watching this man
As he strutted around holding court in his eye
Finally I caught his righteous attention
We glared at each other from one eye to another

Standing there, my fists, started to clench
Looking down so it seemed he had the same mind
And then something caught me and my full attention
It was a mirror this whole time I was watching

As I stood there and stared the face now before me
It changed, relaxed, and the sneer melted way
The posture relaxed and as shoulders fell


He turned, looked to the sky and lips seemed to pray

No comments:

Post a Comment