Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Turning" - a Poem

Turning I look for hope
Hoping to escape this hell
Chained and bound by decisions
That I made so long ago

Turning I look for home
I place to call my own
A place that offers refuge
A place that's warm at night

Turning I look for love
Is it her? Or her over there?
Will they love me anyways
Despite all of my scars

Turning I look to learn
I want to know, I want to be
I want to be the master
The master of all my dreams

Turning I look for food
I long to feel so filled
Filled with food that's good
Filled so I don't fear

Turning I look for God
I thought I had him last week
He only cost $299.00
Each payment for 6 weeks

In turning I've found nothing
So finally I stopped looking
With no where else to go
I merely stare down at my feet

And then, just then it happened
And I didn't turn at all
I found all I was looking for
Right in front of me today

He took me out of that hell
And even gave me a home
Showing me a love I'd never encountered
I learned so much of the world

I had never felt so full
His food was all I needed
I finally found God
And it cost me nothing at all

So now I have stopped turning 
Because I have it all
Content with purpose I now walk
My last turn will be towards Heaven's door

No comments:

Post a Comment