Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Don't Worry, Your Fingers Won't Get Burnt If You Let Your Light Shine

Being the father I decided something along time ago, that I wanted my children to be who they were meant to be. Not what I wanted them to be but what they were meant to be. As a parent it can be easy to impose your dreams for your children on to them. It's not something done out of malice. You love your children and so you try to force them to be which you think that they should be, so that they'll be happy and more importantly be safe and well taken care of. I think most of us would agree that each person is born with a set of talents. Being an artist one of the most grave crimes I've seen is when I see talent, or rather talented people, go to waste. I can't tell you how many times I've met a beautifully talented person, and because they've made bad decisions in their lives have walked down a road and become something they were never intended to become. What's worse is those who feel like, because they've made bad choices in their life, think that their life is over and that they can never get back on track. In my house I like to talk about dreams. I encourage my children to think, to dream. I looked him in the eye, and I tell them that I will never never told him the word no. Dreams are sacred. They are beautiful. I believe that dreams are inspired by God. So whether my child tells me that they want to be the president of the United States, a fortune 500 businessman or a millionaire YouTuber, I never laugh I merely encourage. I tell my children you,"You tell me who or what you want to be and I will help you get there. If I don't know we will learn together." I know how beautiful my children are. I know how special they are. I want them to be proud of themselves. I want them to love themselves. I want their soul to shine like a bright light because that's how special they are.

God is much the same. God knows you better than you know yourself. God knows what you're capable of, and how beautiful you are. He has endowed you with all of your talents. God merely wants to love you and help you become the most beautiful that you can possibly be. Now I think we can agree that the world is a crazy topsy-turvy place. The world is amazing but there's also lots of distraction. Moreover there's lots of temptation. I can't tell you how many times in my life I've been tempted to stop, shut up and never be heard from again. I can't tell you how many times as an artist I've been told my ideas were stupid. I can't tell you how many years I've wasted because I decided to listen to the world instead of God who was trying to inspire my heart. Know this, that God knows how beautiful and amazing you are, so too does Satan and he wants to make sure that you do not shine. Satan wants you to be afraid he wants you to cower in the corner. He wants the light of God inside your heart to be extinguished and never be lit again. He will use every tool in his arsenal to keep you from being a beautiful child of God. He will try to distract you with the sinful pleasures of the world. Satan wants to turn you into a pig that wallows in its own filth and eats the rotten. Satan wants you to choose to turn away from God so that you can join him in hell, where he can torchere you for eternity. Why, because Satan hates you. Satan hates you because you are a beautiful creation of God, and because Satan hates God because he wants to be God he wants to destroy everything that God has made.

It's easy to get lost in this world. It's easy to get distracted. Satan and his demons are professionals when it comes to distracting, tempting and persuading. Then they will double down by making you feel horrible for all the sins they tempt you into into doing. In those moments you consider returning to God after sinning, Satan and his demons will make you feel like you were unworthy. They will clutter your heart and mind and make you feel like you're too disgusting, and that God will never take you back. 

Here's the truth though, God he loves you. Just like a good parent, who always worries and hopes that they're lost child will return, God too loves you, and is always waiting to spend time with you so that he can love you. Am I a Christian? Yes, but I am no perfect man. I have sinned more than I can even recall. Just because I'm a Christian does not make me perfect. Being a Christian means using Jesus Christ as an example. Being a Christian means being a disciple. I am trying to follow the discipline of Jesus Christ. I still fall. I still sin. The difference between being a Christian and not being a Christian means that when I sin I realize I've hurt relationship between me, God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and just like when I betray a relationship or hurt a relationship with anyone here on earth I go and I asked for forgiveness. I go and I make amends with those that I've hurt. God is always there. He is always waiting to love you. He's waiting to help you become the best person you can be, that shines love in every step and you make through this world. God loves you so much he sent his only son Jesus Christ to this world to teach you. Jesus came and walked the earth to teach us all how to love. Jesus came to bring us hope. Most importantly Jesus came to save us when we didn't know we needed saving. Jesus came and he died for your sins and my sins and the sins of all. On our own we cannot reach heaven. Through Jesus we can reach heaven and God. It is only through Jesus' saving grace. You cannot earn your way into heaven. You can only get there through Jesus. 

You maybe wondering that with even all this said how are you to navigate the world. Well, God loves you so much, that he daily is willing to send another part of himself to you. The gifts of the Holy Spirit can help you get through anything. They can steer you clear and help you get through any traps that Satan and his demons late for you. 

Know this though most, of all you are loved. You are a precious gift. You are a precious creation of God. The only thing holding you back from God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is you. The greatest gift God gave you is free will, you, get, to, choose!

So today is the day the day it all can begin, if you choose. Today is the day you can start becoming that shining light. Today is the day you can decide to become a child of God. Today is the day you can begin the journey to see what God has in store for you. It all starts with you. It all starts with that prayer to God and asking him to come into your life. God wants a home inside your heart. God wants you to radiate with happiness and love. God wants you to become strong and shine so that you can be a guiding light for others who are lost in this world, so that you can help them to God so that he can love them as well. Do not hide your light. Do not hide your purpose. Do not waste your talent. Be that mighty city on the hill that welcomes all to God. For when we allow God to teach us and help us to become the best we can be we can become saints in heaven. 


MT 5:13-16

Jesus said to his disciples:
“You are the salt of the earth.
But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned?
It is no longer good for anything
but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
You are the light of the world.
A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.
Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket;
it is set on a lampstand,
where it gives light to all in the house.
Just so, your light must shine before others,
that they may see your good deeds
and glorify your heavenly Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment