Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Love of a Wife The Love of a God and the Love of the World

There are many things that you can search for in this world, the options are almost endless. For the most part thought it mostly comes down to two categories. Giving love away or loving yourself. I am so grateful on a daily basis for my wife. She works hard to create a home and an environment that fosters safety and happiness. Through her work and toil she gives her love away freely. To make sure our home is in order. That everyone has everything they need. That she teaches my children not only what they need to know to be successful but to be righteous in the twisty trurvey world. She invites others in to her home to share her life, heart and safety. She gives and gives hour after hour every single day. This is a mission that me and my wife have been on for sometime. We are not perfect people. We are sinners but we believe in God and we decided to give his teachings a chance. We decided to love and share it with as many people as we can. We still look on a weekly basis to see if there is more we can do. We can’t help it. For after all God has done for us it’s the least we can do.

When God brought me and my wife together we were both lost. We were both living lives that had long run off the rails of righteousness. God brought us together because we were both looking for something beautiful, fulfilling and grand. I don’t know if my wife ever expected all that has transpired, but I myself am shocked. God has done so well to protect us. We have had our share of difficulties, but even in the midst of chaos we have refuge with God. As long as we stick with him and follow his son, Jesus’ teachings we hold strong. Living in this world is a test. Not one set out by God but rather one made by man. 

All God wants is you to love him with all you mind body and soul and to love everyone you meet as you love yourselves. My heart goes out to those in pain. From the homeless in the backyard of the U.S. to the poor and afflicted in South America. I feel sorrow for the lost souls in Europe who have long since stopped believing in God. My heart aches for the those held under terror in the Middle East. I pray for those in regimes that fear prosecution for merely wanting to worship their God in Asia. I love and pray for the little children and lost adults that feel that no one loves them. I try and help cloth those who are naked and fear the cold winter nights. I work to try and help feed the hungry so that sleep isn’t a blanket weakly used to cover an empty stomach. I pray for the day that the world would love like God asks. 

I can’t help but think that if we all loved each other as we love ourselves we could eradicate hungry, poverty and homelessness. It is one of the reasons I love Catholicism. We teach more, feed more, cloth more and share love with more than any other faith on the planet. We accept all, you don’t get kicked to the back of the line if you are not Catholic. We do our best to love the way Jesus asked us to. Are we perfect, no. Do some of our believers have issues, yes. There isn’t a man or woman on this earth that isn’t broken in some fashion or another, but God loves us all. He loves you. God is waiting for you to come home. He is waiting to share so much with you. It’s your choice. You get to choose. God doesn’t make you do anything. If you want to follow him you get to come in. If you choose not to follow him you make your own way. It’s a matter of wanting someone to pour love over you on a daily basis or if you want walk this earth loving yourself. 

It’s a bit like retirement do you want to save a little each day to have security in you elder years or do you live in the moment and rack up debt trying not to think about how you will live when you retire. Do you want to live a life giving love away and following God so that when your body is put into the ground you can soar to heaven? Rather do you want to love yourself and feed each desire you have so that when you die your body sinks to the gates of hell. Eternity is a long time to experience. In comparison the 80 years the average life on this world has is the bat of an eye. How do you want to invest in your future. 

Sirach 26:1-3, 15-18, 24
1Happy is the husband of a good wife; the number of his days will be doubled. 2A loyal wife rejoices her husband, and he will complete his years in peace. 3A good wife is a great blessing; she will be granted among the blessings of the man who fears the Lord. 15A modest wife adds charm to charm, and no balance can weigh the value of a chaste soul. 16Like the sun rising in the heights of the Lord, so is the beauty of a good wife in her well-ordered home. 17Like the shining lamp on the holy lampstand, so is a beautiful face on a stately figure. 18Like pillars of gold on a base of silver, so are beautiful feet with a steadfast heart.


Psalms 31:4-5, 8-9, 20, 24-25
3Yea, thou art my rock and my fortress; for thy name's sake lead me and guide me, 4take me out of the net which is hidden for me, for thou art my refuge. 7I will rejoice and be glad for thy steadfast love, because thou hast seen my affliction, thou hast taken heed of my adversities, 8and hast not delivered me into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a broad place. 19O how abundant is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for those who fear thee, and wrought for those who take refuge in thee, in the sight of the sons of men! 23Love the LORD, all you his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but abundantly requites him who acts haughtily. 24Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!

Matthew 25:31-40

31"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 40And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment