Monday, November 16, 2015

Are You a Shooting Star or Like the Sun?

Check this out!
I remember a conversation I had with a dear friend of mine that has since passed. We were talking about our musical aspirations. We both had dreams of playing on a stage, nothing huge we just wanted to share our passion of music. I remember I made the comment that when all was said and done I just wanted to be remembered as a poet. That was what got me started in music. As I have gotten older that has changed. Honestly as I look back I am amazed at my life, where it has been and where it is going. What I have accomplished and how my goals have changed. Having matured a bit I want my legacy now to reflect something else. I want my children to all have a strong faith and practice it regularly. Why, because I know from experience that when you have a strong faith and practice it regularly you steer clear of so many distractions and temptations. This world constantly is telling you to feed yourself. Feed your ego. If it feels good then do it. The world tries to tell you that the idea of delayed gratification is a stupid old fashioned idea. I took a big part of my life and used it to do such. It was empty and lonely and I spent every waking minute trying to find something that would make me feel good. I was a slave to pleasure and it was not rewarding it only made me want to go back for more as soon as the pleasure started to fade. Now I have happiness. Even on my worst days I have peace and serenity. I am not perfect. I am a sinner but with Holy Spirit as my wing man, Jesus as my Quarterback and God as my Coach I tackle and overcome everything in my path. I truly have happiness that lasts. I am not a slave to God. I am a child that loves him dearly because he being my father does so well to take care of me. I learn Jesus’ lessons and I make them my own. I use his teachings to guide my thinking, prospective and life, not because I have to, but because I want to. God gives me peace, hope and faith and what does he ask for me in return? He asked that I share it with as many people as possible. God doesn't want you to be a momentary thing on this planet. He has given you talents and abilities worth much more than that. He wants you to shine like the beautiful soul that you are. He wants you to rise and become the best that you can be. He wants you to shine because you are full of love given to you by him. God’s love is perfect and with it in your heart you will see paths for yourself you didn’t know existed if you decide to follow it. That’s the coolest part too. You get to choose. You can sit on the couch and watch TV and snack to your hearts content or you can try his way. You can rise from the couch and go on a journey where you will learn amazing things and accomplish wondrous feats if you choose to do so. My legacy I don't worry about it so much more. Day to day I try to be the best husband, father, student, teacher, worker, Catholic and Christian I can possibly be. I try to share my faith with as many as possible, not for fame and recognition, but I realize that this life and this world is just a phase. The real show, the main event is where my eternal soul will reside, and I want to help as many as possible get heaven. I want to love. I want to share because that is what Jesus has taught me and it is to wonderful to keep it all to myself. 

Michael
Whisper Behind the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment