Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Poem: I'm Home


I’m Home

The son rises again holding off the pain
While the walls are closing in 
Grinding hard each day
Where is the kill-switch to stop the cold release
I can hear the screaming from the past lives receding
Held up inside this room I call you 
You can come in
But the chains they won’t let go 
Forged with the burning sins
I can see the smiles and the winces of the pain
Such a delusion is the pleasure from the pain
I go out, get bound and become enslaved from time to time
I get lost in the weeds that try to cut me down
It don’t matter ‘bout the time or day of week
He will stand by my side 
Pull me out and make me clean
Back into the room where I learn to keep the day
Where its warm and where I’m loved in his house, serenity
I’m home
Where I’m loved
I’m home
In your heart above

I wrote this poem about myself in reflection and others that I love so much. I know that it's an old idea but I believe in sin. I believe in evil. In a world that seems to make everyone's point of view "ok" I do believe that there is true right and true wrong. Too many times I have seen brilliant artists get sucked in by lifestyles that feed their ego and desire. In the beginning it may see like heaven but all to often they fall into personal hells. I have to admit I have been sucked into sinful pleasure on several occasion. I always think that it's a "break" or a "one time thing". It doesn't work that way. It's a slippery slope that always starts with a lie. I am grateful for Jesus Christ being in my life. I am thankful that I have found my way. I am so thankful for all he blessings I have, and I pray that all my fallen friends will find their way out. I am there at any hour. I am not perfect. I am no savior. Only Jesus can save. I feel safe, happy and at peace in his "home".


Michael
Whisper Behind the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment