Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Poem: Shining Stars

"Shining Stars"

So far away yet you shine so bright
Cold is the time as it swirls around me
Bundled tightly holding my warmth
I close my eyes for my still waters
The thought of your warmth comes to me 
Holding back the knives, dirty oil begins to rain
Though lost your reflection is in the pool
Waving with the current you call me home
A bitter taste swells in the back of my mouth
The scent of burnt dreams are in the air
As an old door shuts, creaks and cackles echo down the hall
Still your bright light calls me home
Stranded in the desert drying like a rock
Marooned on the island crashing like the waves
Peace holds like a pillar of marble
Standing strong unmovable beauty
Strength to hold against any onslaught
So are you within me 
My shining light, my hope of home
A pause, a breath and check of direction

And on I move towards you

No comments:

Post a Comment