Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Thought: Always Being Watched

You never know who is watching. We live in a day where there are video camera and pictures taken everywhere. It was once a luxury to have your picture taken. It was almost as rare as Mercedes in the driveway and now even that is becoming more common place. Being a father I find that I really have to watch what I say and what I do. If I happen to use “colorful” language I can count on it being repeated over and over again and then having to explain why what I said was wrong and why my children and myself shouldn’t talk like that. 

Right now as my 5 year old watches over my shoulder and asks me over and over again if I will be done soon so he can use the computer I have to watch my temper so that he doesn’t learn bad habits, or think that loosing your cool over such small things is acceptable behavior. 

Each day I go through life and try so hard so spread love. I try and analyze each and every word and action I project. Wether it is online or in person in my poetry or music I know that what I do and put into the world is seen by many. As a Christian I have heard so many stories about people who have met “Christians” and have had a bad experience. They meet Christians that are judgmental and look down upon the masses. I understand why this happens. We learn God’s law and in our fervor to uphold his law in acceptance of him and willingness to serve him we cold heartedly shut others out from wanting to be a Christian. I realize that the way I grew up was different than others. I realize that my path is unique like so many other people in this world. I realize that not everyone understands let alone knows the discipline of Christianity like I do. 

When someone feels attacked either physically or with words they usually go into defense mode. Up goes the drawbridge and out come the soldiers of war to defend the castle. War is very ugly and just like defending themselves people will often do whatever they have to to win or defend themselves. The moment those defenses go up and the game is “on” the opportunity to teach is often gone. So when a Christian is trying to share their beliefs and inadvertently scorns they ruin the opportunity to foster and bring more love and love for Christ into the world.  If you have ever been persecuted by a Christian I am sorry. It is not typically what we are taught to do. When I see protest lines where “Christians” are picketing with signs that have derogatory remarks on them it can have a bad effect on the rest of us. 

As Christians it is our job to love and spread love. Do we have rules yes, and I would take the time to ask for the meaning of the rules. Some of us get so caught up in the rules that we don’t know why we believe them, and it is good that we go back and learn so that we understand the why behind the law. Its fairly straight forward and I have found that now that I am a father a lot of the “rules” make so much more sense. The most important thing to remember is that God gives us free will. He didn’t make us to follow him with no choice. If we choose to believe him and take his son Jesus Christ as our lord and savior we can live in his house. If we choose not to that is our decision to make but we are not allowed to live with him in heaven. Some find this judgement harsh but if would you let someone enter your home and do whatever they wanted in your home with no regard to your desires or rules of your home?

So I keep this in mind as I walk through the world. I know that some will see and hear what I do and they will not believe and not want to follow God. I know that some may see and hear and find it interesting but be conflicted over God’s way and the world’s way and possibly decide they would rather follow the worlds way. Some may hear and see but then be surrounded by others that do not believe and they will be persuaded to live a life not on God’s path, and then there are some that will see and hear and they will find happiness in it and decide to follow with all their heart and all their soul. They will find the happiness of God as the most fulfilling thing ever and will have a life that is just as fulfilling. 

That is a rather weighty thing to consider. That everyday I walk out and the way in which I spread “seed” can have an effect on so many. I will yell from the rooftops right now that,

“I AM NOT PERFECT! I AM A SINNER!”

And still each day I move forward. If I make mistakes I am sorry, I ask for forgiveness and try to move forward in a more righteous way. My hope is that I can help at least one person have a better life. I don’t know if I have done that but I now realize that life is not about me. It is to serve my fellow man and woman. To share what I know and to continue to learn so that become stronger, better and more full of love. I encourage you to do the same. It can be life changing but in a good way. You have the opportunity to belong, feel love and grow. It is such an amazing time and journey. If you don’t know where to begin ask. There is so much to live for.


Mark 4: 1 - 20

1
Again he began to teach beside the sea. And a very large crowd gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole crowd was beside the sea on the land.
2
And he taught them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them:
3
"Listen! A sower went out to sow.
4
And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it.
5
Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it had not much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil;
6
and when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root it withered away.
7
Other seed fell among thorns and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.
8
And other seeds fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold."
9
And he said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
10
And when he was alone, those who were about him with the twelve asked him concerning the parables.
11
And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables;
12
so that they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand; lest they should turn again, and be forgiven."

No comments:

Post a Comment