Friday, January 24, 2014

A Poem: "End of a Pin"

“End of a Pin”

Avalanche of memories fall upon me
Lighting bugs of hope flutter for tomorrow
Where I've been is the wish it was 
Dreaming of a flip though colors run
Swinging high and leaning back
My hair brushes the grass of summer
Mud in my toes is fine I have no where to go
Sun upon my nose a sweaty hand holds mine
The cold shock flows over my body
Your hair gliding through the water says hello
Awake and back my feet still wet
Yearning for the year of ignorance
The blind man smiles walking off the cliff
He’ll think he is flying till he hits the ground
Apprehension stepping back misses the kiss
The pretty girl walks away cold
Eyes a drift she stares at the finish line
Broken leg broken heart she crosses the finish line
The cheers rise and overcome her
Hidden it chokes back is the mouse idea
He favors nibbling on his thoughts
Sweet are the just rewards
Twenty years to dessert in the desert of experience
Through twist and turns of rose petals await the smooth thorns of love

And at the end a prick of blood at the end of a pin

No comments:

Post a Comment