Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Poem: The Dancing Knife

“The Dancing Knife”

My hand is open and waiting
To receive and give love and hope
Patient eyes shut the breeze flows
The sun is warm and upon my heart
A knife glimmers dancing far off
Piercing my hand love fades to pain
My trust not gone my heart not broken
A lone tear rolls down my cheek
The tearing pain rises
The blade continues up my arm
The breeze strengthens and howls
My sun continues its arc
Sunset draws closer
Little pieces fall to the ground
All around it is me
Pieces bloody pieces drying 
The blade still shimmers new
The mighty wind so strong it blows
All my pieces scatter far
A pleasant voice is calling
To collect to come home
Hope is in me 
But I have no home
No place to mend
No place to sew
No place to heal
The knife now rusty smiles
Its job is done

But I have just begun

No comments:

Post a Comment