Friday, December 20, 2013

A Poem: Rocks

Rocks

A stone laid at my feet shines in the sun
The cool spring breeze rolls over my back
The trees and their  branches wave hello
I hear a whisper the stone is calling
Such a fine day the ponds water sits still
Still the stone is calling with its whisper
In my mind my youth my hope abounds
Days filed with skipping rocks
Across the pond they skipped till sinking
Birds passing waving goodbye to the stones
The beach so plentiful so many rocks shining
Again I would leave and again return
In the spring and summer the rock waited
Holding fast they held the shore and erosion at bay
The water so persistent always breaking against the earth
My hands dry through the test of time the rocks wait
Sturdy and strong they hold
Till it is there time to go skipping
A hawk cries in the background of a autumn day
My eyes ever piercing look all around
The rocks now fewer for years of skipping
I see new shapes on the horizon
Docks, bridges and even homes so strong
Holding the test of time holding the warmth of love
All built with rocks so small so strong
Together in creation far and wide
My eyes dimming still see the day

Will I build or skip today

No comments:

Post a Comment