Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Poem: Forgiveness

“Forgiveness”

A small gift floats dan and perches on my shoulder
Light that is beautiful surrounds me 
Melting it soaks into my skin
Its warmth becomes mine I am undeserving
Alive with its glow I pass through life
A way for others I could show but not for me but you
Cold and naked I sat on jagged rocks 
Ignorant and ashamed I hid from the world
Seeing for miles I could to see you next to me
I felt your smile the whisper of hope
Ankles and wrists are scarred from slavery
With my knees on the ground your key melts away the chains
In the open prairie I dance
The soil I till it is fruitful gifts received from you
In the summer tending garden my hand is lacerated
Pooling on the ground my blood is with the weeds
Watering them the weeds grow wrapping around my neck, wrists and ankles
I begin to be choked and die
To my knees I fall grasping for a breath
My eyes look up to the sun now gone
Blotted out by the tall weeds of shame
As my tear falls yet another gift floats down

All is well in me

No comments:

Post a Comment