Sunday, December 15, 2013

Where Are You Going?

Sometimes we do things and we do not know why. Its really important to pay attention to what we are doing and why we are doing it. It is so easy to go through life on auto pilot. We may go places but miss the point and the experiences along the way. I have the privilege to be the father of 4 young children and like any other parent I have my patience and wit tested on nearly a daily basis.

I try to be very slow to anger. I try often to pause and put them sitting at the table or out of eyesight while I deliberate how to handle the situation. I feel very lucky to be a father for I learn so much from my children from their mistakes and the paths that they attempt to take through the world. I have to remind myself that they are blank slates and need guidance and tutelage to get through life's everyday curves, slopes and temptations. Often I find myself going back in time remembering when I did similar things, and as I dole any punishment if needed I speak with a compassionate tone. I often ask if they have any questions to make sure that they understand.

We are all on a path and it is important to understand where we are going and why and what values we will use to guide us for on every journey is not done in solitude. We meet so many people along the way and affect their lives as we cross them. I am thankful that I have learned the value of reading my Bible and the teachings that it has to offer. I learn so much on where I am going and what to be prepared for when I am on my way. I encourage you to do the same. I know that it may be intimidating or you may feel that it is down right stupid, but there is knowledge there. And as we walk through life it is wise to have the guidance of others that have walked our similar roads so many times before. Ask if you have questions, be patient not many things in the Bible happen very quickly. There is purpose in that.

So be aware of what is out there for yes there are those that find pleasure in swaying your opinions and path in life. The most important question of all though is, where do you want to go?



Matthew 11: 2 - 11


2 Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples
3 and said to him, "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?"
4 And Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see:
5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.
6 And blessed is he who takes no offense at me."
7 As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to behold? A reed shaken by the wind?
8 Why then did you go out? To see a man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, those who wear soft raiment are in kings' houses.
9 Why then did you go out? To see a prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
10 This is he of whom it is written, `Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee.'
11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has risen no one greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.



No comments:

Post a Comment