Saturday, July 18, 2015

What, What, What Do I Do?

So what am I supposed to do? It is a fair question, one that can pop up at an odd moment. Life is not short of curveballs. Why are they there, to guide, love, or test? I am not sure, but I know what I am supposed to do, love. I know that this is the point where many will roll there eyes and think something like, "oh here goes the hippie rock n roll Jesus freak again with his love thing", but love (the way God wants) serves me well. Right now I am stressed. Without going into detail my life has been rather turbulent lately. I feel a bit like I am being attacked on all borders. I could get mad and try and exact revenge but that is not love. It will not make things better. I am far from a good man. I am not a role model, but I love God and he helps me, love. Love keeps my spirit calm and helps me and my family weather the storm. For hundreds of years the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt. God does not need his followers to be rich without need. I don't expect to become a millionaire because of my faith, but after hearing the pleas of his people God in his love saved them. He found just the right person at the right time to succeed in saving the Israelites, Moses. Make no mistake God loves you, but that doesn't mean that he is going to just give you whatever you want. I have had several friends and much family but none of them just hang out with me and give me whatever I want. This life is temporary. Yes bad things happen here but this life is a set of training wheels. Here we get to learn to love Gods way, if we choose. The eternal life hereafter is the real show. Will God keep a tornado from knocking down your house maybe no, but if you are a member of his Church with which you have a good relationship with you will find a support team ready to help you in your times of need. God loves with all his might. He is waiting for you to decide so that hopefully you choose him so when this life is over he can scoop you up and hug you and take you home to heaven. God even sent his only son Jesus to us to teach us how to love. It's actually quite simple, however far too often our egos get in the way and instead of loving we want to know how to get even. Jesus wasn't born into a rich family. He worked hard building with stone by hand, yeah no power tools. When Jesus began his ministry he wasn't carried place to place like the son of a king, he walked. Jesus didn't collect massive amounts of money and wear expensive clothes, he dressed plainly and loved all he met. He shared who he was but never sought fame. When he was mocked, spit on, beat and hung on a cross till death he was not revenged by his father. In fact Jesus asked God to forgive us for we know not what we do. God loves and sent his son to teach us how. God sends his Holy Spirit to strengthen us in time of pain and temptation. God loves and Jesus is our example to follow. God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and his Church are all their waiting for us everyday full of love waiting to accept you to love you. So what are you supposed to do? Love, but what do you want to do and what will you choose?


Exodus 12:37-42
37And the people of Israel journeyed from Ram'eses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. 38A mixed multitude also went up with them, and very many cattle, both flocks and herds. 39And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they had brought out of Egypt, for it was not leavened, because they were thrust out of Egypt and could not tarry, neither had they prepared for themselves any provisions. 40The time that the people of Israel dwelt in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years. 41And at the end of four hundred and thirty years, on that very day, all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt. 42It was a night of watching by the LORD, to bring them out of the land of Egypt; so this same night is a night of watching kept to the LORD by all the people of Israel throughout their generations.

Psalms 136:1, 23-24, 10-15
1O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures for ever. 10to him who smote the first-born of Egypt, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 11and brought Israel out from among them, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 12with a strong hand and an outstretched arm, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 13to him who divided the Red Sea in sunder, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 14and made Israel pass through the midst of it, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 15but overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 23It is he who remembered us in our low estate, for his steadfast love endures for ever; 24and rescued us from our foes, for his steadfast love endures for ever;

Matthew 12:14-21
14But the Pharisees went out and took counsel against him, how to destroy him. 15Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. And many followed him, and he healed them all, 16and ordered them not to make him known. 17This was to fulfil what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: 18"Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles. 19He will not wrangle or cry aloud, nor will any one hear his voice in the streets; 20he will not break a bruised reed or quench a smoldering wick, till he brings justice to victory; 21and in his name will the Gentiles hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment