Thursday, July 23, 2015

Nirvana, Where Did You Sleep Last Night?


When I was young I was all about Pop music. To be honest it was all I knew. Then one night coming home I stumbled across a radio station playing a music that so connected with me. It was raw, brash and it felt like some one plugged my emotions into a guitar amp. The band was Nirvana. I followed them without MTV and I was shocked when I heard them unplugged. As the tape rolled through my deck I was shocked how many covers they played. I was vaguely familiar with the artist Ledbelly, but I got goosebumps with their cover of, "Where Did You Sleep Last Night". It was raw beautiful and haunting. So while working on new material I have been dressing with cover songs. I am no Ledbelly or Cobain. I am just me and this is a take on one of my favorite songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment