Thursday, July 9, 2015

Through the Overflow

Through the Overflow

Overflow of a lifetime 
Or maybe just this week 
Depends on who is shoveling
Depends if I get weak
No one sees a stop sign
Or a flagman out to check
But it all keeps on flowing
How much more till this ship wrecks
I'm looking for the stars now
It's getting hard to see
I could just follow the wind blow
But the breeze seems so obscene
Is this a testing of my metal?
For I hear the hammers cry
But perhaps it's just my laughing
Cause my tears have done run dry
I thought I'd call the postman
But his route don't run today
Because his messages they keep stacking
Have I written my life away?
So drifting through the fog now
Not content with who I am
The flowing keeps on rolling
And I try to be a man
I'll hold what I can hold up
I'll help out who I can
But one day I'll fall to sinking
Will I drown or will I swim?

No comments:

Post a Comment