Thursday, May 4, 2017

Do You Feel That Presence?

God, in your presence and sharing your words brings such peace and joy. Help me to stay in the moment today with you helping others in need.

People may wonder, "why do you care about being so connected to God? Life is fun and God just slows you down."

To be honest I chased the "dream" for a long time. I had a good job, made good money, but I was in the position where I was still feeling empty. Despite my friends and relationships I just couldn't find what would fulfill me and make me happy. I wanted that deep peaceful serenity. I found that though my faith.

Through my faith I have learned to love and through that I feel a love, compassion, joy and serenity that I have never felt with anything else. There are no hangovers, or crashes after a typical synthetic high. With Jesus as my savior and in constantly in my life even my worst days are better than my best days on my own chasing pleasure after pleasure.

I highly recommend it. God is waiting for you right now if he's not already in your life. He won't force himself on you because that is not how true love works. All you have to do is ask him and he will provide, maybe not the way that you want, but the way that you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment