Thursday, May 19, 2016

What is Your Dream

The things dreams are made of are beautiful things. Dreams make our hearts soar to the heavens. Dreams give us hope, or at least they do to me.

but...

What am I doing to achieve my dreams? This is where I hear tires come to a screeching halt in my brain. What are you doing to achieve your dreams? If we never do anything to achieve our dreams they will never become a reality, I know simple fact, but it's worth being said.

My overall dream is to be happy. I want peace serenity and happiness. I work hard in my marriage and my relationships to have that here on earth, and I work to study the discipline of Jesus Christ so that I can hopefully enjoy happiness in Heaven for eternity. 


One of my small dreams is to play on stage again. I am a musician and a songwriter. I have been out of a band for years, and so I have been working on solo material in hopes to one day get back on that stage. I have to write songs, rehearse, prepare and the DO IT! I will tell you like any other "dream" in life there are many things that will deter you from achieving your dream. If you do not successfully remove those "distractions" you will not achieve your dream. Simple right? Yet it is so hard sometimes. I will admit that there are plenty of times I let my "distractions" win in part because I am fearful of failing at my dream.

However nothing should allow yourself to be "distracted" on the road to Heaven. Make no mistake, God wants us ALL to be there. God loves you and wants nothing more than to hang out with you, but Satan and this world are full of distractions, sin. Some distractions don't seem like a big deal. Oh that big game on Sunday, well if I miss Church one week it's not that big of a deal right? Yeah it is, on different levels. Temptations, or "distractions" come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Be careful because distractions can become a lifestyle and once a lifestyle becomes habit it can be hard to change and get back on course. 

Know this though, God is ALWAYS waiting for you. He is ALWAYS willing to help you. God will ALWAYS love you. So just as I have examined my musical aspirations and look to remove the distractions  I look to remove the distractions/temptations that will keep me out of heaven. I look, examine and then pluck them out. Some are bigger than others so I as for God's help. He is ALWAYS willing, but you have to be too.

Gospel MK 9:41-50

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Anyone who gives you a cup of water to drink
because you belong to Christ,
amen, I say to you, will surely not lose his reward.

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, 
it would be better for him if a great millstone
were put around his neck
and he were thrown into the sea.
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.
It is better for you to enter into life maimed 
than with two hands to go into Gehenna,
into the unquenchable fire.
And if your foot causes you to sin, cut if off.
It is better for you to enter into life crippled 
than with two feet to be thrown into Gehenna.
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
Better for you to enter into the Kingdom of God with one eye
than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna,
where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

“Everyone will be salted with fire.
Salt is good, but if salt becomes insipid,
with what will you restore its flavor?
Keep salt in yourselves and you will have peace with one another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment