Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What Have I Missed Out On?

Sometimes I can't help but wonder how much I have missed out on in life. How many times have I judged a "book" by its cover and missed an opportunity because I decided to walk away instead of being engaged? I have learned one thing for certain, and that is that EVERYONE on this planet has talents. Some are obvious because they have been refining them. For others their talents are hidden because they believe they have none or haven't ever looked for them.  Talking with people over time I have been surprised how many believe that they have no talent. Often I hear, "I can't paint, write or play music." Others lament because they cannot play a sport to any degree so they feel they have no "talent", be sure of this though, we all have talents. We are all special. We all have purpose in this life. God call us all to be with him. Why? Because he loves us and wants to spend time with us, and like any other great friend he wants to share our talents. God wants to encourage us. God wants to embolden you because he can see deep into your heart and what you have the ability to become because he made you. Each day you are surrounded by wonderfully talented people. I challenge myself everyday to find the talents in others. Why? Because God put us all here for a reason. We are each a unique puzzle piece in the life that when put together makes a beautiful picture. I am sure God has surrounded me by the people he has for a reason. The people that surround me have talents given to them by God and through love that God wishes we have for each other we can work together to make a little "Heaven" here on earth, but we have to open our eyes. We have to look past the "cover" of each book on the shelf of our life. I realize though that I have to be open. I realize that I have to set aside my ego sometimes. I realize that I have to love. I realize that I have to suspend judgement. Easy to say, sometimes hard to do, and that is why I am thankful that I have Jesus in my life. He was an awesome teacher, but I have to listen. What have you missed in your life? What opportunities might you have missed because of being so driven in where you were "going"? I encourage you to take a second and push that "pause" button on life and take a look around. God is everywhere. Sometimes its hard to see in this cold world, but he is there and God is a guiding light that will lead you to amazing peace, serenity and happiness if you let him.

Gospel MK 9:38-40

John said to Jesus,
“Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name,
and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.”
Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him.
There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name
who can at the same time speak ill of me.
For whoever is not against us is for us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment