Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What Do You Desire, Someone That Gives Up?

There are many things in this world that will try and hold you back. I have seen many a famous quote commenting that if you are not feeling resistance you aren't doing something correct. That can be very true but not always the case. Being a father, husband and leader of a family I have often received pushback from how I operate in my vocation. Many will say, "do what you want. You need to take care of yourself". Being a husband and father who follows the teachings of Christ I know that I need to be prepared to do anything for my family even if that means my life. Some will tell me," that your kids are most important and everything else should come last. " From my study I learn that my wife should come first,  for if I take care of her then she will do well in tandem with me to take care of everything that my children need and neither my spouse or I will resent our children for a lack of appreciation or love. This is why I put God first. I try to take care of my faith and follow God's teachings. Through me, and others God will take care of my family in a righteous way. It can be hard for there are many distractions in this world. Sex anymore is often portrayed as just a simple natural act, and as a desire is nothing wrong to be fulfilled at any time, anyway with anyone. The same with hunger, eat as much as I want whenever or wherever, and just take drugs if I become unhealthy from it. Also as goes with money. Spend as much as I want on credit and delay the consequences till later and shortchange my family. Following God's teachings is learning a life of giving, sacrifice and discipline to achieve happiness in this life and beyond. It means never giving up, taking a break and staying true to God through all obstacles. Why, for God does the same for us every day. He always loves us. He is always waiting for us. To welcome us home to his heaven for eternity. Question is though, do we want a life filled with fulfilling love, or do we choose an empty life chasing every desire our flesh craves?

MT 4:12-17, 23-25

When Jesus heard that John had been arrested,
he withdrew to Galilee. 
He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea,
in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali,
that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet 
might be fulfilled:

Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles,
the people who sit in darkness
have seen a great light,
on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death
light has arisen.

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

He went around all of Galilee,
teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,
and curing every disease and illness among the people. 
His fame spread to all of Syria,
and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases
and racked with pain,
those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics,
and he cured them. 
And great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea,
and from beyond the Jordan followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment